The Index Card

 

For teachers everywhere, November has a lot of moving parts. 
Then December follows, a month full of joy and celebration, and even more moving parts.

Today I am thankful for the index card! 

It's invention, read the article linked below, may not have been directly for my benefit, but am I ever so glad it came my way!

November at school is a month with two holidays, and multiple interruptions to learning. These include half-days due to Parent Teacher conferences, random days off for children only, and extra assemblies, festivities and meetings, etc. November is a scheduling nightmare!

So, this morning I index-carded the month and know that some days, like on Mondays, I will have 7 music classes before the Christmas break, and on Fridays I will have only 4 class sessions. Therefore, now I'm off to prioritize my curriculum for this new reality.

Wish me luck!

Happy Index-Carding!

Comments