Q.U.I.L.T.S.

 


Thankful for my Q.U.I.L.T.S. Ladies!

Last night I was able to return to my quilt guild to participate in our annual Sew-In for the Northern Rivers Family Services, a collaboration of Northeast Parent & Child Society, Parsons Child & Family Center, and Unlimited Potential. From 4-9pm we sewed, cut, ironed, ate, had a brief business meeting. The results will all benefit the kids of Northern Rivers who are in some kind of foster or transitional care environments.

My quilting pastime has been paused recently due to working full-time, having busy children, and just due to life. It was good to be back and to chat with the ladies. I was able to touch fabric, a very therapeutic activity for me, while I ironed many different things for those who brought their sewing machines. 
I was also about to catch up with friends from the last decade when I was quilting more than I was working. 

It was very nice and I am very, very thankful to have been able to participate even for one brief night.


Below are the quilts that were tied and finished during the meeting. 
Many more will follow soon, I'm sure.








From the Northern River's Website: https://www.northernrivers.org/

Quilts

Q.U.I.L.T.S.

There’s nothing like a special quilt made just for you to make you feel warm on cold winter nights. Thanks to Quilters United in Learning Together, Schenectady (Q.U.I.L.T.S.), more than 2,000 of our kids have received these symbols of love and care through their Straight From the Heart Program. Group members make the quilts both during meetings and individually, each made for one special child. This past year, more than 100 quilts were donated.

Recently, Q.U.I.L.T.S. welcomed hundreds of people to their biennial quilt show at Proctors. They set up a display for our organization, and many of the beautiful quilts displayed will end up around our kids this winter. Q.U.I.L.T.S. has been an incredible partner to our organization since 1989, and on behalf of every warm, happy child they’ve touched, we thank them.



Comments