Welcome November!



 Welcome November!!


This is my favorite month of the year. It contains a holiday which has nothing to do with gift giving, a gigantic and traditional meal with family, and the end of my favorite season, Autumn.

As I used to do on Facebook, I will continue the tradition here and write about something for which I am grateful each day of this month. The exercise is sacred for me as well as deeply therapeutic.

Therefore today, I am thankful for my parents and the sense of humor they cultivated within me. My father's deep baritone laugh could be heard through the walls of his office into our home as they were connected by a door off the dining room. My mother still laughs in all times as she asks everyone she meets for coat donations for Schenectady's City Mission. (Got coats? Call me. HA!)

As I age this particular character trait carries more and more weight in value as I navigate all that life is, and more importantly, all that life isn't and should be, in my humble opinion! (HA!)

My sense of humor is a sustainer to me. It's as valuable as my education is to me in the workplace, and my nurturing skills are to me at home. 

It helps to lighten moments which are very serious and takes the edge off of times of great stress.

 To laugh and to smile is to release and to let go. 

I am thankful for what I think to laugh about right now, and what will come to amuse me today.

 Welcome November!

Let the month of gratitude and reflection begin!


Comments